Scratch – Race Tracks

During Transition Week, the children who will be in Year 4 in September have been busy creating their own moving car games.  Here is just one example of what can by produced.

Scratch 1

They have played each others games, check out their feedback.

21 thoughts on “Scratch – Race Tracks

1. Y4jb

Hi guys ,

I really enjoyed helping the year 4s and making our own games. At least we had a chance to let the rest of the school play on OUR games . It was a great experience .

2. Y3i

Hi guys,

In transition week guess what we have been doing?We have been making our own moving game on scratch!Mrs Lloyd came in the classroom and said that we’re the first class to make one!I felt proud of my self that we got to teach year 5 Miss cartwrights class!It was so much fun and I want to do it again.

From y3i

3. TR

Omg! We had so much fun making and playing our very own scratch video game. Y3I were so good, we even got to teach upper ks2. Today we looked at all the different games other children have made.It is very hard but we all managed to do it just in time and they were amazing! That day,a high school teacher came in to watch and help us.Guess what she said,we are better than the high school children .Can we do this another day?

1. g.johns Post author

I’m really glad you enjoyed using Scratch and you think that the games that the other children made were amazing.

I think everyone worked really hard on them and produced fantastic games. I was extremely proud of everyone in my new class. I’m looking forward to learning more about Scratch and using it again with you all. What do you think we could try and make in the future?

Looking forward to reading your ideas.

Mrs J

1. g.johns Post author

I’m glad you enjoyed helping the new Year 5 and Year 6 children to use Scratch. You were all amazing helpers and a credit to Mrs Bell and I.

Mrs J

4. Y3G

We are enjoying playing on a game could scratch where you creat a car game and mack it move backward and forward, left and rite around the race track.

5. Y3I

We were really exited when you told us we are making are own mini game in fact I was ecstatic this was my dream to become a game designer.Im really looking forward to moving into year four because it’s epic I really want to do this again so we can have loads more fun

from
    Y3I

1. g.johns Post author

I’m sure you’ll make a great game designer in the future. What sort of games do you think you might design?

Mrs J

6. Y4JB

During transition we used the laptops to use scratch and made our own video games it was very fun and we had a teacher called Mrs Hill and at the end we had a go on them and it was great and we where the first class to do it .We helped the year 4 with their video game.

7. Y3I

We serenely enjoyed playing on scratch race tracks and creating are own.Creating the background wasn’t as Easy as we expect because we thought more about decoration. But the bigger problem was producing movement.

8. Y3I

Hello teachers,
    We have enjoyed it a lot, it was really fun as some of us love to learn about historical times. The ICT lesson we had was really fun as we like to play games so we really liked making it.

9. Y4JB

To help us we had a special guest she was: Mrs.Hill! She helped us to make our computer games amazing and she was very nice. Thank you Mrs.Hill! =)
    Today, we played on some other children’s scratch race tracks and we also played on some of Mrs.Cooper’s children in her class. Then, Mrs.Johns had a look at our games and they were AWESOME!! =)
    From, three of your little pupils! Thank you Mrs.Hill

10. Y4JB

Hello everyone,
    Have YOU heard about Scratch yet? If you haven’t a clue on what it is then I must inform you about it. So basically Scratch is an app you can get on any
    laptop or computer and once you have got it you can make something on it.
    And that thing is…VIDEO GAMES! You can make a sprite, which is a computer
    name for character, then you make a background for your game, and finally you make the scripts, which is a computer name for the controls, the controls
    make the sprite of the game move.There also has to be a goal to the game.
    See you later,
    Pink 15.

1. g.johns Post author

A great comment, I like how you have explained what we did when we used the software ‘Scratch’. Great use of computer science vocabulary.

I wonder what we might make next time we explore Scratch?

Mrs J

11. y4jb

In transition week we loved making our scratch race track. A year seven teacher came in to help us make them.